Ignorance Is No Defense is a practical, convenient guide for teenagers on laws in Georgia. Packed with useful – and sometimes surprising – information about laws and consequences for violating laws, this book will help teenagers make safe, informed choices. Ignorance Is No Defense covers a wide range of important topics, including the following:
- The Fundamentals
Overview of crimes and punishment, rights of a teenager in searches and arrests, parties to a crime, prosecution of adults and juveniles, going to court
- What's the Crime?
- Drugs and Alcohol: underage drinking and adult liability, false IDs, marijuana and other illegal drugs, prescription drugs, DUI
- Vehicles: vehicular homicide, reckless driving, racing, aggressive driving, hit and run, other driving violations
- Sex Crimes: statutory rape, rape and other sex crimes with force, sex crimes against children
- Harm to People: physical and mental abuse of children, assault and battery, robbery and armed robbery, murder and voluntary manslaughter, self-defense
- Harm to Property: stealing, criminal trespass, vandalism, other acts of invading property
- More Crimes: criminal street gang, weapons, public indecency, gambling
- Extra Stuff
Driving cars and boats, body piercing, tattooing, tobacco, loitering, and more
Read excerpts from the book.